Aspects of dry mouth to pay attention to. First, look at the medications that you’re using and take note of its side effects. Second, avoid drying products. And last, stimulate saliva flow.
To keep your mouth from drying, avoid:
– Alcohol-based mouthwashes and other oral products
– Caffeinated beverages
– Acidic, sugary foods
– Tobacco products
To stimulate saliva flow:
– Use mouthwashes designed to treat dry mouth
– Enjoy sugar-free gums or candies
– Sip water throughout the day
– Sleep with a humidifier
– Use products that contain xylitol
If your chronic dry mouth continues, see your physician as soon as possible, as it may be a sign of a more serious condition. As always, consult your doctor before making any changes to your lifestyle.